Adult Amateur Dressage Access
Education & Events for the Adult Amateur Equestrian
VIRTUAL TEST COACHING
FROM USEF ‘S’ & FEI JUDGES
Easy Video File Upload
You do not have to be a technical wiz kid to use this.
Easy drop and drag with 3 different video upload options.
FREE Lock Down Activities
ADULT AMATEUR FEATURED RIDERS
Name: Jan Engle From: Chicago and previously St. Louis Currently living: Lafayette, In Horse’s Name:Fhf VIenna (“Annie”) Horse’s Breed:Thoroughbred x Percheron Horse’s Age: 16 years old What or who inspired you to ride Dressage?I started dressage at the age of 65 after some years doing hunt seat, low level eventing, trail riding and just plain […]
Name: Catrina Croland From: Fagersta, Sweden Currently living: Upland, CA Horse’s Name: Valente do Retiro Horse’s Breed: Lusitano Horse’s Age: 17 years old Horse Present Competition Level: 1st What or who inspired you to ride Dressage? I’m not sure. I have always had a passion for dressage since an early age. Started riding at Håbo […]
Featured Rider November 2019 AADA Featured Rider “Jacqueline Greener” Name: Jacqueline Greener Currently living: Easton PA Horse’s Name: Mudzima and Grandmaster Flash Horse Breed: Otto/ KWPN-na What or who inspired you to ride Dressage?When I was a kid my next door neighbor had 4 girls and she used to let me tag along to the […]
Featured Rider October 2019 AADA Featured Rider “Wendee Walker” Name: Wendee Walker Currently living: Napa, CA Horse’s Name: And the Crowd Goes Wild! AKA Yogi Horse’s Age: 19 years old Horse Present Competition Level: 3rd Horse Breed: Mustang What or who inspired you to ride Dressage?FI adopted Yogi in June of 2003, and that summer […]
AADA Interviews David Schmutz USEF ‘S’ Dressage Judge and FEI 4* Para Dressage Judge AADA is proud to interview David Schmutz, a USDF ‘S’ Dressage and FEI 4* Para Dressage Judge. The former owner and manager of “The Paddock Riding Club“, David gives his thoughts on the sport he has dedicated his adult life to. […]
Reprinted by permission from Horse Professionals Network. Original posting Finding a new riding facility can be just as important of a decision and finding a new place to live. It is a location that both you and your horse will be spending a great deal of time at. Below are some of the top tips […]
AADA Interviews Ulf Wadeborn USEF ‘S’ Dressage Judge and Swedish Warmblood Breed Judge AADA is proud to interview Ulf Wadeborn, a USDF ‘S’ Dressage and Breed Judge. Ulf gives his thoughts on the sport he has dedicated his life to, Amateur Riders and how anyone can improve. Ulf operates a training barn in Los Angeles […]
Bridget Braden Personal Fitness and Dressage Trainer You don’t have to fall off to be hurt by a horse. There’s so many ways physically be compromised by a horse and mobility exercises will help increase a riders performance, especially after injury. In this department, the layout to specific injuries is constantly growing. Within the four […]
What is AADA – Adult Amateur Dressage Access?
AADA was conceived by Lisa Schmidt, a USEF S dressage judge, USDF Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist, coach to many successful Adult Amateurs, former USDF Region 1 Director and ‘L’ program instructor. Her vision is to make the AADA an educational and community building resource to promote the AA in dressage.
- AADA is for amateur dressage riders of all ages. AADA is an educational and informational resource for every AA from beginners at the lower levels of dressage, experienced competitors or the mature rider enjoying their horse in or out of the show arena.
- AADA gives the amateur rider opportunities to learn to enhance the riding experience, care for the Dressage horse and improve skills for the show ring and much more
- AADA spotlights monthly successful amateur riders outside and inside the barn.
- Enjoy easy and exciting tips from blogs, online courses, videos for better enjoying your horse and achieving success in the competition arena from a popular dressage professional and judge, plus advice and life experience sharing from fellow adult amateurs. Attend exclusive member only educational events and clinics.
- Check out our AADA Facebook page for even more networking and inside stories
- AADA is a privately funded support organization developed for Adult Amateur Dressage Riders. It is not associated with USDF, USEF, FEI or any other equine membership association in the United States or abroad.