Adult Amateur Dressage Access
Education & Events for the Adult Amateur Equestrian
ADULT AMATEUR FEATURED RIDERS
Featured Rider September 2018 AADA Featured Rider “Wendy Furlong, DVM” I always wanted to ride. My parents had no idea where this child came from as they were both die hard tennis and golf players! I graduated from a guinea pig to a dog to a pony. I rode for a horse dealer through high […]
Featured Rider August 2018 AADA Featured Rider “Armande Herold” Born in the The Netherlands in 1961, I was not exposed to horses until 1967 in Hamburg, Germany. My father worked for Philips and my family was transferred every three to four years. Our new neighbors’ daughter, who was my age, dragged me to the stables. […]
Featured Rider April 2018 AADA Featured Rider “Samatha Farrow” For as long as I can ever remember, I have always wanted to ride and be around horses. My childhood was spent in South Africa, galloping ponies along the edges of sugar cane fields and swimming with them in a lake, bareback, and with just a […]
Featured Rider March 2018 AADA Featured Rider “Gardy Bloemers” I am originally from The Netherlands and started my riding career on ponies. After moving to Virginia at a young age and living on a dairy farm, I competed pony hunters, rode all over the countryside with my friends and foxhunted some too.. I attended college […]
THIRD LEVEL TEST 1 The new 2019 -2021 USEF/USDF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available on the USDF website here. Also, for Third Level Test 1 in the 2019 test cycle, the movement sequences have remained unchanged. However, other than the extended walk, the coefficient movements have changed completely. […]
SECOND LEVEL TEST 3 The new 2019 -2021 USEF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available at the USDF Site HERE. Good news on Second Level Test 3. All the movements are the same to ride. However, there are changes in the coefficients and language in the directive ideas. […]
SECOND LEVEL TEST 2 The new 2019 -2021 USEF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available HERE In Test 2 rather than begin with Medium Trot on the diagonal, the Shoulder In right comes immediately after the first centerline and then the two half circles to Travers left. Next is […]
SECOND LEVEL TEST 1 The new 2019 -2021 USEF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available on the USDF Site Here. There are significant changes in Second Level test one. The beginning trot work has remained the same as has the halt rein back and medium walk. The Free Walk […]
What is AADA – Adult Amateur Dressage Access?
AADA was conceived by Lisa Schmidt, a USEF S dressage judge, USDF Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist, coach to many successful Adult Amateurs, former USDF Region 1 Director and ‘L’ program instructor. Her vision is to make the AADA an educational and community building resource to promote the AA in dressage.
- AADA is for amateur dressage riders of all ages. AADA is an educational and informational resource for every AA from beginners at the lower levels of dressage, experienced competitors or the mature rider enjoying their horse in or out of the show arena.
- AADA gives the amateur rider opportunities to learn to enhance the riding experience, care for the Dressage horse and improve skills for the show ring and much more
- AADA spotlights monthly successful amateur riders outside and inside the barn.
- Enjoy easy and exciting tips from blogs, online courses, videos for better enjoying your horse and achieving success in the competition arena from a popular dressage professional and judge, plus advice and life experience sharing from fellow adult amateurs. Attend exclusive member only educational events and clinics.
- Check out our AADA Facebook page for even more networking and inside stories
- AADA is a privately funded support organization developed for Adult Amateur Dressage Riders. It is not associated with USDF, USEF, FEI or any other equine membership association in the United States or abroad.