Adult Amateur Dressage Access
Education & Events for the Adult Amateur Equestrian
VIRTUAL TEST COACHING
FROM USEF ‘S’ & FEI JUDGES
Easy Video File Upload
You do not have to be a technical wiz kid to use this.
Easy drop and drag with 3 different video upload options.
FREE Lock Down Activities
ADULT AMATEUR FEATURED RIDERS
Featured Rider July 2018 AADA Featured Rider “Bonnie Halka” My husband and I own a farm in Central New Jersey. I have competed in dressage for 10 years (I turned 60 last year!) and my husband competes in Combined Driving Competitions. Our show schedules make our summers chaotic. He competes a pair of horses which […]
Featured Rider May 2018 AADA Featured Rider “Shirley Gencarelli” I am smitten with horses. As a little girl my favorite thing was to sketch horses on my books until teachers scolded me. I went on pony rides, wanted horsey everything, and still my parents didn’t buy me a horse! Fast forward 30 years and I […]
Featured Rider June 2018 AADA Featured Rider “Sonia Zugel” I was born in Cork, Ireland and currently live in Holmdel, New Jersey with my husband Christian Zugel and two daughters Ashleigh and Lucia. My horse career evolved from fox hunting in Ireland and Simi Valley California, following a family tradition of MFH (Master of Fox […]
FIRST LEVEL TEST 3 The new 2019 -2021 USEF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available at https://www.usdf.org/downloads/forms/2019.asp Big changes to First Level Test Three. No more leg yield from the wall to X and back. Instead the pattern seems to be simplified to this: V-I Leg Yield right, I […]
FIRST LEVEL TEST 2 The new 2019 -2021 USEF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available on the USDF website here. The pattern and movements have stayed exactly the same in 2019 First Level Test Two. But again, more coefficients have been added. In addition to the Free Walk, both […]
First Level Test One The new 2019 -2021 USEF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available on the USDF website here. In First Level Test 1, the pattern is essentially the same as the previous First Level Test One, except now all the lengthenings are longer. In movement 5, the […]
INTRO AND TRAINING LEVEL The new 2019 -2021 USEF Intro through Fourth Level Dressage Tests effective December 1, 2018 are available at https://www.usdf.org/downloads/forms/2019.asp I know all competitors have been waiting anxiously for the new tests. Those of you traveling to Florida soon will be showing these tests starting December 1 of this year. This blog is […]
What is AADA – Adult Amateur Dressage Access?
AADA was conceived by Lisa Schmidt, a USEF S dressage judge, USDF Gold, Silver and Bronze medalist, coach to many successful Adult Amateurs, former USDF Region 1 Director and ‘L’ program instructor. Her vision is to make the AADA an educational and community building resource to promote the AA in dressage.
- AADA is for amateur dressage riders of all ages. AADA is an educational and informational resource for every AA from beginners at the lower levels of dressage, experienced competitors or the mature rider enjoying their horse in or out of the show arena.
- AADA gives the amateur rider opportunities to learn to enhance the riding experience, care for the Dressage horse and improve skills for the show ring and much more
- AADA spotlights monthly successful amateur riders outside and inside the barn.
- Enjoy easy and exciting tips from blogs, online courses, videos for better enjoying your horse and achieving success in the competition arena from a popular dressage professional and judge, plus advice and life experience sharing from fellow adult amateurs. Attend exclusive member only educational events and clinics.
- Check out our AADA Facebook page for even more networking and inside stories
- AADA is a privately funded support organization developed for Adult Amateur Dressage Riders. It is not associated with USDF, USEF, FEI or any other equine membership association in the United States or abroad.